Sunday, June 9, 2013

Moving Day

Moving Day!!!

I spent the last two days unpacking in my new first grade classroom.  The number of boxes were a little bit overwhelming.  Thanks to a "crew" of helpers including my husband, two friends, and several former students all the boxes have been moved to my new room.

Now I have a clean slate to start designing a great environment for my firsties coming in the fall. Step one - find my teacher supplies and unpack my desk. Next, start thinking of a theme or color scheme for my new room.  I want something fresh and very primary - perhaps primary colors with an Eric Carle flair would be warm and inviting to the kiddos and to me.

While most of my teaching supplies, manipulatives, etc are very well organized into plastic tubs, my classroom library needs a complete  overhaul.  I counted 12 boxes of books to begin with that need sorting and labeling into primary library style.  In addition, I traded in 12 grocery bags packed with books into our local used book store for credit towards more picture books for my classroom.  I can't wait to start shopping for new titles.

After spending the last seven years in fourth grade, I am looking forward to returning to primary grades and teaching first grade again.  Wish me luck. Pictures coming soon.

Make everyday a great day with sunflowers and ladybugs:)

Clara


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!